Thursday, June 10, 2010

I Saw a Bat!

Most people have heard or read about "White Nose Syndrome" which is killing off thousands of overwintering bats. Well, it didn't get all of them. The other day I was doing a mouse job at a house, and as I was poking around the attic, I told the customer that he had bat droppings on the floor around his chimney. He said "I know and there it is now". I looked up and there was a bat flying around the attic. I asked the customer if he wanted to get rid of it, and he said, "Nah, it's up here all the time and I don't mind having it around". How many people do you know who would be screaming, barricaded in their bedrooms, with a towel over their head? While I wouldn't want bats or any other animal in my attic, it was refreshing to see this kind of attitude towards them.

No comments:

Post a Comment